I recently watched Lego Batman, and I loved it. Just as much as any Batman fan. A big part of the movie is that it references so many other movies and franchises but mostly makes fun of its own Batman franchise. This feels very much like DC’s answer to the Deadpool movie. You don’t have to be a fan in order to spot these Lego batman Easter Eggs. But if you are like me and you have watched all the Batman movies and cartoons over and over, then you are in for a real treat!
Lego Batman Easter Eggs
There’s probably more than a 100 Lego Batman Easter Eggs. I am sure that this movie may have broken some Sort of a record. I have put together a list of 17 of my favorite Lego Batman Easter Eggs. I’m not going to name all of them. I will leave you to find the rest!
- The Joker uses a line that Bruce Wayne used in the 1989 Batman movie. “You wanna get nuts? Let’s get nuts!
- When Batman is asked about his villains, he mentions Superman. This is because of the main plot if Batman V Superman. There is also an image which pops up for a split second that represents that movie.
- During Alfred and Batman’s first conversation, they flash through every Batman movie that was ever made (but very quickly in scenes made out of Lego).
- Superman Fortress of Solitude looks very close to the one from the original Richard Donner Superman movies.
- There are all types of Batman costumes from all of the different types of Batman media like movies, comics, and cartoons.
- Dick Grayson is initially seen wearing a red jersey, similar to the outfit Burt Ward wore in the 1960’s Batman.
- Alfred just letting Dick Grayson into the Bat-cave without Batman knowing is similar to when he let Vicky Vale into the cave in the 1989 Batman movie.
- The design of Dick Grayson with his glasses on make him look very similar to Carrie Kelly from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns.
- The doorbell at the Fortress of Solitude rings to the tune of the original Superman theme.
- Alfred is being voiced by Ralph Fiennes who previously played lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. Voldemort is also a villain in Lego Batman.
- Some of the other familiar villains are Godzilla, King Kong, Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz, and Sauron to name just a few.
- Jaws is also in there and was defeated by the “shark repellent Bat-spray” from the 1960’s Batman movie.
- Batman laughs at the idea of using criminals to fight at other criminals. That’s obviously a reference to Suicide Squad.
- There was a Joker line from the 1989 Batman movie “where does he get all those wonderful toys?”
- Robin put on a costume that was similar to the original Nightwing costume when he was trying to be a bad ass like Batman.
- Two-Face in the movie is voiced by Billy Dee Williams who played Harvey Dent in the Tim Burton Batman movies.
- Password – “Ironman Sucks!”
Don’t Forget the Siri Easter Egg!
Just keep telling Siri “Hey Puter!” and you will keep getting a whole lot of different lines from The Lego Batman movie. One of which is “Welcome home, sir. I have your rom coms queued up, sorted by decade.”